SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Provides advanced technical and computer programming support with an emphasis on the Oracle E-Business Suite applications, including but not limited to Accounting, Inventory, Human Resources, Manufacturing, Order Entry, and Quality.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
- Creating and modifying PL/SQL objects in an Oracle EBS R12 environment.
- Creating and modifying custom forms developed with Oracle Forms 10g.
- Personalizing and customizing forms developed with Oracle Application Framework (OAF).
- Creating and modifying custom reports developed with Oracle Reports 10g or BI Publisher 12c.
- Creating and modifying custom applications developed using Oracle APEX 5.1.
- Evaluating and preparing customized reports which generate key information from the database for various departments.
- Updating and validating Merit's existing software programs and tests the software programs and database to ensure that the systems are functioning properly and accurately.
- Resolving and researching problems with all facets of software and database systems.
- Performing a variety of other technical programming tasks and related work, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
- Lifting – Not to exceed 50 lbs. – local practice may apply.
- Visual acuity
- Color perception
- Depth perception
- Field of vision/peripheral
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field required.
- A minimum of six years of computer programming experience required with emphasis in data base integrity maintenance and training and data acquisition.
- Ability to program software to meet the customized needs of a growing and expanding Corporation.
- Ability to work as a key part of an MIS team and accomplish organizational objectives and goals according to schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others to identify their user needs and to prepare programming that meets user applications.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime to meet the needs of the MIS department and Merit Medical as a whole.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
- Software database maintenance/update/validation/testing
- Customized report evaluation/preparation
- Software and database problem solving
COMMENTSInfectious Control Risk Category II
: The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category II
states employment and procedures that may require exposure.