The Sr Data Warehouse Developer/Analyst is a new position in the Office of Budget and Institutional Analysis at the University of Utah. This is a senior role for experienced data warehouse professionals. We are looking for someone that can bring their knowledge of data warehouse design, methodologies and techniques to our projects, and mentor and assist other team members in developing SQL, ETL, the meta data layer and data quality measures.
The ideal person will care about designing meaningful data transformations, ensuring quality data, building sustainable code, and understand strategies to meet these objectives.
This role will partner closely with the University’s central IT department that manages the campus enterprise data warehouse. The incumbent will have a primary role in building, testing and maintaining the meta data layer of our data warehousing environment, data management processes, and upstream ETL’s, with a supporting role across our end-to-end BI delivery, including requirements solicitation, business analysis, logical and physical design, report and dashboard development.
The University offers an amazing benefits package, including a fully-funded retirement plan for qualified individuals, with university contributions at an amount equal to 14.2% of the employee salary and no vesting period, generous paid leave time, great health insurance with employee costs significantly lower than many area employers, free transit on most UTA bus and train services, 50% tuition reduction, among other benefits. See our benefits website for more information on the amazing package: https://www.hr.utah.edu/benefits/index.php.
The primary responsibilities of this position will include:
- Create and maintain tables, queries, views, procedures, packages, indexes, functions, triggers.
- Write sql procedures and scripts to carry out data audits and manage data cleanup.
- Build, test and maintain extract, transform, load processes.
- Solve complex technical problems.
- Help design data models that simplify reporting and support front-end BI reporting tools.
- Create, maintain and advocate for strong data dictionary, requirements, design and process documentation.
- Carry out, share, and guide other team members in the practical application of data warehousing tools, concepts and best practices.
- Build collaborative working relationships with IT, campus administrative offices, internal developers and analysts, and others to serve as an effective liaison between teams.
- Serve as a leader in researching and adopting new tools and technologies.
- 4-6+ years of progressively responsible data warehouse orETLdevelopment experience, with at least 2 of those years in a role with significant data analysis or report development responsibilities.
- ExpertSQLskills, experience in Oracle Database 12c, OracleSQLDeveloper and InformaticaETLis a plus.
- Experience transforming large, complex, unstructured data into denormalized star or snowflake schemas.
- Working knowledge of leading data warehouse methodologies such as Kimball or Inmon.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- A Master’s degree inMISor related field.
- Experience with higher education data such as student, faculty, HR and finance.
- Experience with institutional research, including state and federal reporting such asIPEDS, and national surveys.
- Background in PeopleSoft, Tableau,SAPBusiness Objects Web Intelligence, or similar systems and BI Tools.