Oracle Database Administrator (Database Platform Team in Enterprise Information Portfolio)
We are looking for a motivated, skilled, quality conscious, and solution oriented individual to join our Database Platform team. From the immense amount of data within the Church, there comes a great need for one who can manage hundreds of databases. This is a great opportunity to leverage technology in furthering the work of the Lord. There is a lot of opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
- Database Upgrades
- Apply patches and version migration
- Monitoring / Alerts
- Design the critical, warning, and informational level monitoring environment
- Respond, solve, and then automate repeating tasks
- 24x7 on-call (work shared via rotation calendar)
- Create new databases, accounts
- Backup and Recovery
- Improve Everything you touch
- Automate. Script. Simplify.
- Refine processes.
- Team Membership
- Work with the team. Success is measured at a team level
- Individual contribution is noticed, measured, and considered; however, winning in this department is a team sport – not an individual event.
- Communicate very well in understandable terms as well as more complex technical terms with managers, developers, and users.
- Be creative and innovative in providing database solutions.
- Write database and application related documentation.
- Look for spiritual guidance in your daily decisions.
- Create database system solutions that are robust, mission critical, in the most efficient manner possible. (It is tough to do, but that is part of what makes it so much fun!)
- Do you have a positive, team-centered attitude?
- Do you make and keep commitments? Do you volunteer for meaningful work? (No slackers wanted)
- Do you read/learn/train yourself on new computer technologies? (Have you read 2 or more computer books/manuals in the last 60 days?)
- Are you a fast learner? Do you choose to increase your skills?
- Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, currently temple worthy.
- Some Database administration experience and expertise on the Oracle platform.
- Preference for at least BS in Computer Science, Mathematics. Equivalent experience accepted.
- Must be a team player, and have excellent communication skills. (Those who hide behind email need not apply)
- Love for getting your hands dirty in the technology.
- Attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work.
- Must be able to work on-site at Riverton, UT location. (This is not a work-from-home position. Your daily attendance is vital to the team's progress.)
Please email your resume to Matt Newman if you are interested: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell:1(801)448-6396 and