ORACLE DEVELOPER (PROGRAMMER III)
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
SOUTH JORDAN, UT
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Provides technical and computer programming support for the MIS department and the Corporation as a whole.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
• Creates applications to be used to acquire data from the shop floor.
• Maintains application integrity for Merit's customized and purchased computer software programs.
• Evaluates and prepares customized reports which generate key information from the database for various departments.
• Performs specific programming for Merit Medical specialized software program.
• Updates and validates Merit's existing software programs and tests the software programs and database to ensure that the systems are functioning properly and accurately.
• Resolves and researches problems with all facets of software and database systems.
• Performs a variety of other technical programming tasks and related work, as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Lifting – Not to exceed 50 lbs. – local practice may apply.
• Color perception
• Depth perception
• Field of vision/peripheral
• Fine motor skills
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field required.
• A minimum of six years of computer programming experience required with emphasis in data base integrity maintenance and training and data acquisition.
• Experience writing and tuning SQL statements
• Experience creating and modifying PL/SQL procedures, functions, and packages
• Experience creating and modifying forms and reports using the Oracle Forms and Oracle Reports tools
• Experience programming and troubleshooting with Oracle eBusiness Suite (EBS) R11 or R12
• Experience with web programming languages is preferred but not required
• Ability to program software to meet the customized needs of a growing and expanding Corporation.
• Ability to work as a key part of an MIS team and accomplish organizational objectives and goals according to schedule.
• Ability to communicate effectively with others to identify their user needs and to prepare programming that meets user applications.
• Willingness and ability to work overtime to meet the needs of the MIS department and Merit Medical as a whole.
• Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
• Software database maintenance/update/validation/testing
• Customized report evaluation/preparation
• Software and database problem solving
Infectious Control Risk Category II: The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category II states employment and procedures that may require exposure.
External candidates: Please submit an application on our website www.merit.com/careers to be considered. Click browse current openings to see the several pages of openings. Click the page numbers to see other openings.
Internal candidates: Please log in to the employee services part of the Merit Metro and go under the "Merit Job Openings" button to view and apply to the opening. This can only be done while at work, not from home.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled "Great people, Great products, Great Company". Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos and Kent W. Stanger, Chief Financial Officer. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hypervascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
1600 Merit Parkway (9800 South 1700 West)
South Jordan, UT
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V